On this page... (hide)

CMDER woes

For whatever reason, working with node.js got weird inside of my CMDER shell replacement recently.
I updated this and that -- can't remember what.
And node could not be found from within the console.
It was on the path -- echo showed me exactly what I expected to see.
Opening up a vanilla windows shell and node worked just fine.
where node worked just fine.
And calling node explicitly with the full path returned from where worked just fine, as well.

I decided to look at the init.bat file that was being executed on CMDER load.
Through trial-and-error, commenting out the following line brought me back to working order:

@set PATH=c:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin;%PATH% > nul

WHO KNOWS

UPDATE: yeah, that didn't work quite right. FURTHER testing showed it was the > nul that was causing the problem.

So, to wrap-up: this is what I have now (2015.04.28)

@set PATH=c:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin;%PATH%