So, I'm trying to play around with somebody else's image-bot: https://github.com/beaugunderson/node-twitter-not-quote-right
Only the dependencies need python.
Thus begins my arduous journery.
StackOverflow has some suggestions:
npm i -g node-gyp
Although the installer says that python was added to the PATH, restart the shell anyway.
'cause it can't be found.
npm i throws a new error:
gyp ERR! configure error
gyp ERR! stack Error: Python executable "python" is v3.4.2, which is not supported by gyp.
gyp ERR! stack You can pass the --python switch to point to Python >= v2.5.0 & <
So, looks like it specifically need to be
Then, we still have issues:
build/binding.sln(1): Solution file error MSB5014: File format version is not recognized. MSBuild can only read solution files between versions 7.0 and 9.0, inclusive.
Also, the StackOverlow link, above, suggests other MS libs or build-tools that need to be present. I'll keep at this....
node-gyp installation notes specifically note that For 64-bit builds of node and native modules you will also need the Windows 7 64-bit SDK. I did not have it installed.
I double-checked, and the DK was supposed to be at
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1 but did not exist.
so... re-running installer as
UPDATE (the next day): looks like I got it working with the following:
"%VS100COMNTOOLS%"\\vsvars32.bat // VS2010 environment variables
Based on this SO answer.
node-gyp works, but there are now issues are in the node-canvas utilities.
I've been using
Console2 for.... a year+ ?
I read about ConEmu sometime this fall, but haven't used it a lot.
At work, my
GnuTools are not on the path... for some reason (interference with corp. build tools? undocumented data hygeine practice? sheer voodo? prolly the latter).
Which makes working with ConEmu a pain, because nothing I'm used to is present.
However, there are startup commands that it can execute, just like
Console2. Who'd a thunk it, right?!!
%comspec% /k set PATH=\path\to\GnuWin32\bin;%PATH%
HOWEVER, that removes all the other
init.bat niceness that exists.
I ended up interleaving this command into the existing
init.bat file. Not sure of a better way to handle it, yet.
Added a new recipe to the wiki that allows for easy tweet embedding.
I'm thinking of tweaking it, as I prefer a different method of markup.
Brackets are a standard character, so I'd prefer something more along the lines of
Additionally, I don't see the need for the
url= portion. There is an alternate markup that allows for
In both cases, I think the param could be interrogated; if
https://twitter.com is present, it's a URL; otherwise it's an ID.
Also, I'm just interested in seeing if the recipe can be extended to grab the raw twitter URL and make an embed from that.
See Also: Xrad:Programming/Shell